The Irish River Coat is constructed of StormSeal®, a waterproof, breathable laminate fabric with a soft, suede-like hand. Gillies teamed up in an exclusive arrangement with Squires® HighTech Inc. to introduce this new fabric to the fishing community. Already proven in hunting garments, StormSeal® is silent, windproof, burr proof, and 100% machine washable.
"There are plenty of good, waterproof wading jackets on the market currently." Says David Lewis, "But they all share common flaws associated with other waterproof fabrics; they're noisy, uncomfortable, and you look and feel like you're wearing a sheet of plastic. That's why we're so excited by StormSeal® - it feels like a comfortable old fleece jacket."
Comfortable fabric is just one of the many features of this coat. Other special features of the Gillies Irish River Coat include:
- Removable snap-on/snap-off hood
- Zippered, fleece-lined handwarmer pockets
- Mesh backed 12" nylon armpit zippered events
- 2mm internal adjustable neoprene cuffs
- Fleece lined collar and storm flap
- Synthetic snaps and nylon zippers
- Bellows fly box front pockets with drain holes
- Single hand left side waist draw cord
- D-rings, rod tabs & snap up rod loop
Gillies Gear designs and manufactures fine clothing, apparel and gear for the sporting lifestyle, including breathable waders, sweaters, jackets and vest-packs. Gillies Gear can be found at fine sporting and fly shops across the country and on the web at www.gilliesgear.com.They can be reached by phone at (330) 533-6490, by fax at (330) 533-0523, or email at email@example.com